My name is Richard, and I'm a semi-retired Web developer and part-time drone pilot living in a rural part of New York State.
Now that I have the time and freedom to do so, I like building sites about hobbies and other topics that interest me and that I believe will be interesting and helpful to others. Some of the subjects were at some point how I made a living as I have changed careers several times over the years. Others are just hobbies.
By way of background, I joined the military immediately after graduating from Aviation High School in Long Island City, New York. After my discharge, I put myself through college working as a pest exterminator and spent some years in that profession.
When I got tired of killing bugs, I trained to become a computer technician and started a computer repair business in the New York City area. From there I branched off into Web development. About ten years later I sold all of the business except for the Web design part and moved to the country, and have been doing Web development either full-time or part-time for about 23 years as of this writing.
I also have a lifelong passion for aviation and hold FAA pilot and mechanic certificates. Most recently, I earned a Remote Pilot certificate and started a part-time business as a drone pilot doing aerial photography and videography. That's me in the picture below.
Here are the some of the informational sites I've written over the past 20+ years. I hope you find them interesting and useful.
- Fly Sport USA. Information about becoming a Sport Pilot.
- Fly Part 107. How to earn an FAA Part 107 certificate and become a commercial drone pilot.
- Random Drone Guy. Random pictures and videos of sites that I found interesting, along with historical information about some of them.
Pet Care Sites
- My Turtle Cam. Information about keeping and caring for aquatic turtles.
- My Froggy Cam. Information about keeping and caring for African dwarf frogs.
- The Backup Nut. Information about computer backup from a preacher whose religion is backup.
- I Scope Stuff. Videos of various everyday things I've inspected or looked at with an industrial endoscope.
- Kitchen Table Computers. How to build a personal computer. Yes, it needs updating.
- RJM Blocklist. This site is mainly for IT professionals. It compiles block lists of IP addresses recently engaged in malicious activity, such as hacking attempts or spamming.
- Spam-Filtered Forms. How to build a spam-filtering contact form using PHP.
- Scarafaggio's Pest-Control Site. General DIY pest control information.
- DIY Bed Bug Control. Information about do-it-yourself bed bug control.
I hope you find at least one of the above sites interesting or useful (and hopefully both). If you do, please consider buying me a coffee to help defray the costs of hosting the sites. Thanks!
If you decide to buy me a coffee, however, I will have access to whatever information you choose to provide. (I won't share that information, either.)